Tom Dziubek speaks with Samir about how the terms of the Credit CARD Act of 2009 have been addressed by credit card issuers so far and what credit card customers can expect in the upcoming months.
Production Number: S02E15
Segment Number: 52
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:30] Interview with Samir Kothari
– [00:43] About BillShrink
– [02:08] Interest rates during the holidays
– [04:01] Remaining fixed rate credit cards
– [05:52] Credit CARD Act of 2009 items already in effect
– [06:52] Credit card issuers in compliance
– [11:06] “Act” items going into effect in February
– [16:11] Other credit card regulations being discussed
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 7, 2014 and originally published January 31, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.