Today we talk with Jeff Bartlett, Autos Deputy Editor at Consumer Reports about the recent Toyota recalls. For updated information on Toyota recalls, see Consumer Reports’ unintended acceleration guide.
Also in today’s episode, Flexo discusses money saving tips for Valentine’s Day.
Production Number: S02E16
Segment Numbers: 60, 57
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:34] Interview with Jeff Bartlett
– [01:25] Two separate Toyota recalls
– [02:45] Lexus, Ford and Pontiac recalls
– [05:06] List of affected cars
– [07:10] Urgency of fixing a sticky accelerator
– [08:10] Shifting a car into neutral
– [09:49] Brake system failures and software malfunctions
– [13:25] Suspension of Consumer Reports recommendations
– [16:27] How Consumer Reports will handle future Toyota ratings
– [17:58] Toyota’s handling of the recalls
– [21:01] Challenges facing Toyota dealerships in handling the recalls
[24:21] Interview with Flexo
– [25:31] How people plan on spending money on Valentine’s Day
– [26:42] Making your own greeting card
– [29:39] Skipping the chocolate
– [30:49] Avoiding gifts of sensual clothing
– [32:18] Turning off the electrical appliances
– [33:39] Skipping the gourmet dinner
– [34:30] Spending time together
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 7, 2014 and originally published February 7, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.