Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Sam, the founder of the Financial Samurai website. Sam, Flexo, and Tom Dziubek discuss the Samurai Fund, early retirement, and the Samurai Codes of Honor.
Production Number: S02E17
Segment Number: 58
To listen, use the player above (Adobe Flash required), download the podcast here, subscribe to the podcast RSS feed, or use the iTunes link. Note: open links in a new window (Ctrl-click or Command-click) to avoid interrupting the podcast.
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:30] Interview with Sam
– [00:48] Sam’s personal finance inspiration
– [02:21] Sam’s first investing experience
– [05:00] The Samurai Fund
– [08:07] Introduction of the FLEX ticker
– [08:28] Mission of the Financial Samurai website
– [09:39] How to retire after working 20 years
– [15:56] The Samurai Codes of Honor and the 1/10th Car Rule
– [18:38] The 30/30/3 Rule
– [21:16] Career Code: Get in First, Leave Last
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Published or updated February 14, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.