J.D. has made the transition from blogger to published author. In this episode, Flexo, Tom Dziubek, and J.D. discuss the financial advice in his new book, Your Money: The Missing Manual. We also discuss the process of publishing J.D.’s first book.
If you enjoy this podcast, please vote for us in the First Annual Plutus Awards for “Best Personal Finance Podcast.” Thanks!
Production Number: S02E20
Segment Number: 64
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:33] Interview with J.D. Roth
– [00:53] J.D.’s background
– [02:33] Your Money: The Missing Manual
– [04:11] The correlation between wealth and happiness
– [06:32] The tyranny of stuff
– [10:18] Playing mind games with yourself
– [13:36] Asking for help
– [14:18] The perfect is the enemy of the good
– [16:45] Focusing on small or big spending choices
– [18:59] Becoming a published author
– [20:01] Getting an agent
– [23:20] Marketing the book
– [25:07] A second book from J.D?
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated December 20, 2011 and originally published March 7, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.