This week’s guest on the Season Two finale of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Adam Baker, creator of the Man vs. Debt website and author of the e-book Unautomate Your Finances: A Simple, Passionate Approach to Money.
Baker talks to Tom Dziubek and Flexo about eliminating bad automation from your personal finance habits and clutter from your life.
Unautomate Your Finances, Adam Baker
Production/Segment: S02E26 / 70
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:36] Interview with Adam Baker
– [00:59] Baker’s background
– [02:02] Removing bad automation from your life
– [05:42] Simplifying your financial life
– [09:24] Eliminating clutter
– [11:44] Actively tracking expenses
– [13:49] Unautomating bank accounts and credit cards
– [16:44] Downsizing your living situation
– [18:29] Publishing an e-book
– [21:44] Baker’s future projects
– [22:25] The fisherman’s parable
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.