Today, the Consumerism Commentary Podcast celebrates its one-year anniversary. On the Season Three premiere, Tom Dziubek and I discuss exploring the art of photography without damaging your personal finances. Photography can be one of the most expensive hobbies, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are several tips for saving money.
Frugal Photography, Flexo
Production/Segment: S03E01 / 68
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:36] Interview with Flexo
– [00:46] Flexo’s interest in photography
– [01:27] Photography courses
– [02:20] Saving money while learning
– [03:57] Resources available online vs. library
– [05:21] Joining a photography club
– [06:52] Photography exhibits
– [08:12] Buying photography equipment
– [14:28] Unnecessary purchases
– [17:40] Purchasing lenses for DSLRs
– [21:28] Using film lenses with digital cameras
– [22:57] Photograph-sharing websites
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 3, 2010 and originally published April 25, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.