Our guest on today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Schwark Satyavolu, president and co-founder of BillShrink. Our podcast producer and host, Tom Dziubek, speaks with Schwark about trends and tips for saving money on travel this coming summer.
This episode contains a number of suggestions that will help travelers and commuters consume less gas and save money this summer. With gas prices in the United States reaching highs once again, Schwark shares the knowledge gained by looking at BillShrink’s gathered statistics and debunks some of the most popular myths about conserving fuel.
Saving Money on Gas, Flexo
Production/Segment: S03E02 / 71
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:32] Interview with Schwark Satyavolu
– [00:44] Gas consumption by state
– [03:47] Avoiding idling
– [05:26] Using cruise control
– [06:48] Leveraging overdrive gears
– [07:22] Reducing vehicle weight
– [07:57] Braking and accelerating
– [09:01] Gas station loyalty clubs
– [11:14] Filling tires with nitrogen
– [12:21] Optimal time to fill the tank
– [14:09] Highway service area gas stations
– [15:25] Myths: Driving with open windows vs. air conditioning
– [16:28] Myths: Gas-saving gadgets and thinners
– [17:57] Additional myths
– [20:06] BillShrink’s services for helping users save money and gas
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated May 8, 2010 and originally published May 2, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.