Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Gerry Cuddy, President and CEO of Beneficial Bank. Tom Dziubek talks to Gerry about the two new banks that Beneficial recently opened in NJ and how their financial literacy approach differs from other banks.
Beneficial Bank, Gerry Cuddy
Production/Segment: S03E05 / 75
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:31] Interview with Gerry Cuddy
– [00:42] The history of Beneficial Bank
– [01:41] Beneficial Bank’s services and products
– [03:54] Beneficial’s education-themed banks in Cherry Hill, NJ
– [08:47] Beneficial’s donations to local high schools
– [09:52] Financial literacy & the roles of schools, families and businesses
– [13:57] The recession and its effect on the financial perspectives of youth
– [15:05] Ethics vs. prices
– [16:42] Popularity of financial aggregation websites with young adults
– [18:21] How Beneficial has weathered the recession
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated June 24, 2016 and originally published May 23, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.