Today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast has two parts. In the first segment, Tom Dziubek talks with Mary Hines, Vice President of ZYNC Product Management at American Express about the company’s new ZYNC charge card.
In the second interview, Tom talks with SmartyPig executives Bob Weinschenk and Mike Ferrari about their company’s recent affiliation with BBVA Compass Bank and how SmartyPig customers will be affected.
AMEX ZYNC card, Mary Hines; SmartyPig & BBVA Compass Affiliation, Bob Weinschenk and Mike Ferrari
Production/Segments: S03E08 / 76, 79
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:34] Interview with Mary Hines
– [00:58] Explaining the American Express ZYNC Card
– [01:30] Designing the product for young adults
– [02:49] Add-on benefit rewards packs
– [04:28] Fees for using the ZYNC card
– [06:00] Comparison of benefits
– [06:44] Membership Rewards Express
– [07:13] Why ZYNC instead of other competitors
– [08:08] Paying in full every month
[11:39] Interview with Bob Weinschenk and Mike Ferrari
– [13:35] The transition from West Bank to BBVA Compass Bank
– [14:52] Who will be affected
– [15:34] What customers need to do
– [16:05] The future of SmartyPig’s high interest rates
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated June 23, 2016 and originally published June 13, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.