On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast Tom Dziubek talks with Consumerism Commentary founder Flexo about his money saving tips for the summer. Flexo talks about ways to save money using central air conditioning, cooking outside, saving money booking vacations and also about tax-free holidays in some states.
Summer Money Saving Tips, Flexo: S03E09 / 80
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:29] Interview with Flexo
– [00:39] Keeping yourself cool in the summer: AC vs. fans
– [06:53] Losing weight to stay cool
– [08:03] Saving money on cooking
– [11:20] Summer vacation money saving tips
– [14:27] Couch surfing & “staycations”
– [17:07] Free family activities
– [21:23] Tax-free shopping
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published June 20, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.