In today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Flexo about his recommended steps for people to take control of their personal finances. Among the things Flexo talks about are the importance of self-awareness, taking an inventory of your personal finances, tracking your money and getting out of debt.
Taking Control of Your Finances, Flexo: S03E12 / 85
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:32] Interview with Flexo
– [00:43] Taking control of your finances
– [01:09] Becoming aware
– [03:36] Taking inventory
– [05:26] Predicting the future
– [11:08] Tools to track your money
– [14:49] Spending less than you earn
– [18:12] Optimizing your banking setup
– [20:20] Building a better budget
– [23:00] Getting out of debt
– [27:17] Setting goals
– [29:58] Setting savings targets
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published July 11, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.