Today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast features two interviews. In the first segment, Tom Dziubek speaks with Aaron Patzer, founder of Mint and Rob Garcia, Director of Product Strategy at Lending Club about Mint’s new “Goals” feature and their related partnership with Lending Club.
Then, Tom talks with Consumerism Commentary founder Flexo about different ways to save money at a ball game. Among the tips discussed are ways to save money buying tickets, saving money on food and drinks, and how to handle buying souvenirs.
Taking Control of Your Finances, Flexo: S03E13 / 86 & 87
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:41] Interview with Aaron Patzer and Rob Garcia
– [01:04] Mint’s new Goals feature
– [02:03] Popular goals being chosen
– [02:48] Setting up a goal
– [03:45] How Mint develops suggestions & their relationship with vendors
– [05:09] Using bank accounts with goals
– [06:19] How the feature differs from similar services provided by other companies
– [07:29] Lending Club’s partnership with Mint
– [08:09] Lending Club loans vs. low-rate credit cards
– [09:44] Relationship with credit bureaus
– [11:29] Credit history
– [11:52] Suggestions for investing
– [12:16] Mint’s integration of investments
– [12:30] Planned enhancements for Goals feature
[14:18] Interview with Flexo
– [14:27] Flexo and the Mets
– [15:20] Buying secondhand tickets
– [19:44] Buying cheap seats at the stadium
– [21:12] Transportation
– [22:03] Food and drink
– [24:09] Skipping the souvenirs
– [25:25] Handling the barrage of advertisements
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published July 18, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.