On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Richard Rosso, CFP and financial consultant at Charles Schwab. Richard discusses his advice on how to prevent a natural disaster from becoming a financial disaster and offers up many tips, including how to make sure you have the proper insurance coverage, taking inventory of your possessions and keeping enough petty cash at your disposal.
Keeping a Natural Disaster From Becoming a Financial Disaster, Richard Rosso: S03E14 / 89
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Flexo
[00:31] Interview with Richard Rosso
– [00:43] Proper insurance coverage
– [01:30] Buying flood insurance now
– [02:37] Other insurance concerns
– [04:10] Keeping petty cash on hand
– [08:34] Inventorying your household possessions
– [10:01] Tools to assist keeping inventory
– [13:03] Keeping important documents handy
– [15:08] Safety deposit boxes
– [17:26] What Richard’s learned from recent disasters
– [19:21] Application towards other, non-hurricane disasters
– [22:01] Storing computer files remotely
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published July 25, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.