During the interview, Carol discusses many the preparation a person should make before investing, the different categories of investors, choosing the right index funds, a reasonable return on investment that investors should expect, and other topics related to investing.
Personal Investing, Carol Fabbri: S03E16 / 91
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:31] Interview with Carol Fabbri
– [00:47] Pre-investing preparation
– [03:39] The different categories of investors
– [10:06] Choosing a fund
– [12:43] The expense ratio of a fund
– [14:21] The importance of an experienced fund manager
– [15:21] ETFs (exchange traded funds)
– [16:32] Investing directly in stocks
– [19:02] The risks of bonds
– [19:49] The benefits of bonds
– [20:26] The rate of return that people should expect
– [21:21] Techniques and philosophies that people should avoid
– [22:30] The importance of an emergency fund & insurance policies – Carol’s health story
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated June 23, 2016 and originally published August 8, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.