On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Keri Buster, Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications, World Service at American Express about her company’s recent survey about customer service.
Tom and Keri discuss American Express’s findings about the importance of customer service to customers and the effect customer service has on purchasing a product or service and repeat business, and how damaging a bad customer experience can be to a business.
American Express Customer Service Survey, Keri Buster: S03E17 / 92
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:33] Interview with Keri Buster
– [00:47] American Express’s Global Customer Service Barometer
– [01:24] What customer service means to people
– [03:31] More people are providing positive feedback
– [05:21] How positive experiences help businesses
– [06:39] Online feedback and other influential factors
– [07:13] The power of negative feedback
– [09:29] What people expect in order to rectify a bad experience
– [10:23] Consumers’ impressions of how much businesses care about customer service
– [11:03] Increased emphasis on customer service
– [11:53] Social media managers
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated June 24, 2016 and originally published August 15, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.