Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Michael Gikas, Senior Electronics Editor at Consumer Reports about avoiding cell phone bill shock. Tom and Mike discuss Consumer Reports’ tips, such as monitoring your usage, adjusting your plan and even evaluating prepaid phone options.
Avoiding Cell Phone Bill Shock, Michael Gikas: S03E18 / 92
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:31] Interview with Michael Gikas
– [00:42] Cell phone bill shock
– [01:13] The FCC cell phone bill survey
– [03:29] Monitoring cell phone usage
– [05:47] Adjusting your plan as needed
– [06:45] AT&T’s new data service plans
– [13:03] Using free texting apps on smart phones
– [18:05] Blocking unsolicited text messages
– [19:20] Prepaid phone options
– [27:23] Talking to a customer service representative
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published August 22, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.