On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Consumerism Commentary founder Flexo about his tips on saving money at college. Among the items discussed, Flexo talks about saving money while eating, how to not get ripped off buying textbooks and, naturally, the financial essentials regarding credit cards, checking and savings accounts for college students.
Saving Money at College, Flexo: S03E21 / 95
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:32] Interview with Flexo
– [00:43] How Flexo felt about financial issues in college
– [01:50] Credit cards & checking accounts
– [05:50] Savings accounts
– [06:52] Saving money on textbooks
– [09:39] Living off-campus vs. on-campus
– [11:53] Student discounts
– [12:42] Eating on-campus vs. dining out
– [13:49] Eating in a dorm room
– [15:32] Splitting bills at restaurants
– [17:31] Buying coffee and water
– [19:24] Working at college
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published September 12, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.