Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Tara-Nicholle Nelson, Manager of Consumer PR and Marketing at the real estate website Trulia. Tara talks about Trulia, their study regarding price reductions on listed houses and also gives tips on how to sell your house without drastically slashing its price.
Trulia and House Price Reduction Trends, Tara-Nicholle Nelson: S03E23 / 98
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:33] Interview with Tara-Nicholle Nelson
– [00:47] Trulia
– [04:19] Finding foreclosures on Trulia
– [06:01] House price reduction trends
– [09:50] Similarities between cities on the list
– [15:04] Selling your home without making drastic price cuts
– [16:35] — Pricing your house correctly
– [17:06] — Improving the condition of your house
– [17:53] — Finding the right listing agent
– [18:50] — Proper online marketing
– [20:19] — Staging your home
– [21:10] — Choosing to list your address
– [23:11] — Involving your neighbors
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published October 3, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.