Today on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Pam Lassiter, founder of the career management consulting firm Lassiter Consulting and author of the book The New Job Security: The 5 Best Strategies for Taking Control of Your Career.
Tom talks to Pam about what’s changed since the first edition of her book which was released in 2002 and also about her career management strategies, including the importance of building networks, sending clear signals and even why people should stop looking for a job.
The New Job Security, Pam Lassiter: S03E23 / 98
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:33] Interview with Pam Lassiter
– [00:51] Differences between the 1st edition and the new one
– [03:25] Whether there really is such a thing as job security
– [05:02] Sending clear signals
– [06:51] What should go into a good resume
– [10:57] Sending clear signals in a job interview
– [14:58] Marketing for mutual benefit
– [17:12] Building sustainable networks
– [19:05] Networking for introverts
– [20:31] Social networks
– [23:33] Stop looking for jobs
– [25:32] Negotiating in round rooms
– [31:23] Pre-interview tools
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published October 10, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.