On today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Stew Langille, Director of Marketing for Intuit Personal Finance Group about Mint’s new real time consumer spending tracking website Mint Data. Stew talks about the features of Mint.com Data, including how it polls four million Mint users and tracks their spending habits, allowing them to identify trends in the way people spend their money.
Stew Langille, Mint Data: S04E6 / 108
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom
[00:35] Interview with Stew Langille
– [00:46] Mint Data
– [02:41] Response from vendors
– [03:58] Interesting data that Mint has discovered so far
– [07:20] Retail sales going into Black Friday 2010
– [09:26] The parts of the country that the survey best represents
– [13:05] Privacy questions regarding the anonymous polling of Mint users
– [15:26] Future updates planned at Mint Data
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated March 21, 2011 and originally published November 28, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.