On today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Nate St. Pierre, founder of the community building website ItStartsWith.Us, and Budgets Are Sexy founder J. Money. Tom talks with Nate and J. about their new micro-giving endeavor, Love Drop. They talk about what Love Drop is and what it hopes to accomplish, such as leveraging people in the community to help others in need.
Nate St. Pierre & J. Money, Love Drop: S04E7 / 107
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom
[00:31] Interview with Nate St. Pierre and J. Money
– [00:47] Nate’s background
– [02:02] J. Money’s history
– [02:32] Love Drop
– [03:59] How Nate helped create a charitable online community
– [05:10] The Love Drop process
– [06:55] Love Bomb vs. Love Drop
– [08:14] The anticipated rewards for Love Drop recipients
– [10:00] Planned frequency of Love Drops
– [11:02] Logistics of Love Drops
– [12:25] Community building
– [13:51] Overhead costs
– [15:58] Ideal expectations of people in the Love Drop network
– [18:13] How offering up services can be mutually beneficial
– [21:12] How you can recommend a Love Drop target
– [21:43] Future plans for Love Drop
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated April 13, 2016 and originally published December 5, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.