On today’s Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek talks to Jane Honeck, author of the book The Problem With Money? It’s Not About the Money!: Mastering the Unexamined Beliefs that Drive Our Financial Lives. Jane discusses many topics from her book, including how money beliefs are formed & how they shape our attitudes towards money and whether or not money is as big of a problem as it’s made out to be.
Jane Honeck, The Problem With Money: S04E9 / 109
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom
[00:34] Interview with Jane Honeck
– [00:50] What “it’s” about
– [01:56] Jane’s money management past
– [02:58] How her approach to money has changed
– [05:31] Whether or not money is a problem
– [06:59] Conquering unexamined beliefs
– [09:17] Jane’s first money memory
– [10:55] The role of the family in shaping money attitudes
– [12:36] The role of schools
– [13:37] The role of the workplace
– [15:17] How money beliefs can affect relationships
– [17:14] Loaning/giving money to friends or family
– [20:11] Examining your money beliefs
– [22:03] State it, debate it, recreate it
– [24:14] Living a financially conscious life
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Updated December 20, 2010 and originally published December 19, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.