On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Consumerism Commentary founder Flexo about his recent decision to leave his day job and become fully self-employed. Flexo discusses his decision to quit as well as many of the challenges that face self-employed people, such as choosing the right retirement and health insurance plans.
Flexo, Life After Salary: S04E11 / 111
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:40] Interview with Flexo
– [00:53] Flexo quits his day job
– [02:46] Advertising revenue
– [05:05] Other revenue streams
– [07:24] Earning money with the website
– [10:16] Flexo reveals his true identity
– [11:26] Flexo’s time management skills
– [15:43] Shopping for health insurance
– [19:37] Retirement plan options
– [23:36] IRA options
– [24:09] Working without co-workers
– [28:02] Shared work environments & off-site offices
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated January 5, 2011 and originally published January 2, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.