On today’s episode of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast, Tom Dziubek speaks with Stuart Diamond, Wharton Professor, Pulitzer Prize-winning former journalist and author of the book Getting More: How to Negotiate to Achieve Your Goals in the Real World. Stuart and Tom discuss many topics including Stuart’s negotiation background, how to negotiate successfully with others as well as negotiating with children.
Getting More, Stuart Diamond: S04E12 / 113
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Tom Dziubek
[00:39] Interview with Stuart Diamond
– [00:55] Stuart’s negotiating experience
– [03:13] Stuart’s students
– [05:21] What’s wrong with the concept of “win-win”
– [07:50] Using a company’s standards against them
– [09:36] Negotiating with children
– [12:34] Negotiating in the Middle East and Korea
– [15:39] Using email to negotiate
– [17:56] The power of likeability
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated April 12, 2016 and originally published January 9, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.