Today’s guest on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast is Dr. Doug Hirschhorn, author of 8 Ways to Great: Peak Performance on the Job and In Your Life. Doug and podcast producer Bryan J Busch discuss goals, risks, and what it takes to be successful, based on Doug’s observances through his unique background.
8 Ways to Great is available in the Consumerism Commentary store.
8 Ways to Great: Peak Performance on the Job and In Your Life: S04E19 / 122
Adobe Flash required
Download – RSS – iTunes
Table of contents
[00:00] Introduction from Bryan J Busch
[00:39] Interview with Dr. Doug Hirschhorn
– [00:54] Doug’s path from baseball, to stock trader, to performance coach
– [05:51] Who is 8 Ways to Great for?
– [06:11] The upside and downside of strengths and weaknesses
– [08:42] Resources for people who are bad at assessing themselves
– [09:31] How does a person improve if they’re not competitive?
– [10:35] Setting more effective goals with the CHAMP system
– [13:18] Punishment and positive reinforcement
– [14:30] How to make more objective decisions by using risk/reward analysis
– [16:15] Women are hard wired to be better risk-takers
– [18:38] It’s not just about the odds of winning or losing
– [21:06] Baseball from a philosophical perspective
– [22:16] End
We always welcome feedback from listeners. If you have any comments for this episode or for any other, or if you have suggestions for future episodes, please leave us comments here or email us at podcast at this domain name.
Theme music by Mindcube.
Updated May 3, 2011 and originally published February 27, 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.