* A choice of color schemes is available in the Preferences dialog.
* Quicken no longer moves accounts assigned to the Business Center to the Cash Flow Center after completing a One Step Update
* Fixed various issues that caused the Out of Memory and OL-2B errors during One Step Update.
* Future dated transactions on the calendar no longer cause incorrect balances on the account balance graph.
* You can now backup to a CD-RW formatted with a third party program
* Various changes to ensure Quicken is Microsoft Vista compliant
* Viewing Quicken Help files with IE 7 no longer causes script errors
* Cost basis and cash balance calculations are now correct when moving shares between accounts
That’s quite an impressive list of changes, and goes to show how flawed the original release was. I’ll test out the improvements. I’d like for Quicken to be software that keeps me happy.
For those of you with Quicken 2007, you should see the update available the next time you perform an online update. If not, you can download the manual patch.
Update: Now that I’ve been living with Quicken 2007 R2 for a while, I’ve reviewed the patch’s improvements.
Updated December 5, 2006 and originally published October 12, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.