I’m not considering it, but maybe someone out there is. As with anything, you have to take a realistic view of the ramifications of a choice.
It seems like real estate is a hot career right now, with stories about people making millions of dollars and membership organizations continuing their growth.
Here are some things to consider before making the career change:
* The business is getting much more complicated.
* The internet is replacing more traditional methods of buying and selling houses.
* Those who want the human touch opt for more experienced agents and brokers.
* Legal protections are arduous.
* There is huge turnover (80 percent) in the first year.
* There may be no income for six months while you continue to incur expenses.