* The newest redesign of MSN Money is in preview, and I’m not impressed.
* Consumers use home equity to pay for holiday gifts. No surprise; they also use credit cards. Some use equity to pay off credit cards. Debt warp!
* Online advertising is soaring. MSN charges between several thousand and one million dollars for a 24-hour ad spot on its home page.
* Are old people entitled to free lunches for the poor just because the world owes their generation thanks, regardless of whether they can afford it?
* Stress-free investing in four easy steps.
* Senate panel approved the nomination of Ben Bernanke to Fed Chairman.
* Toyota will be rolling out new hybrids.
Updated June 17, 2014 and originally published November 16, 2005. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.