* MIT presents its new $100 laptop, whose special features include a hand crank.
* Interview with ex-head of IRS: Honest guys are getting screwed.
* Gift cards have tricky fees.
* States ranked by highest average closing costs when buying a house. There’s more variation in the top 10 than in the bottom 40.
* The original Hollywood sign is up for auction.
Updated February 7, 2012 and originally published November 17, 2005. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.