A few banks have lowered interest rates offered for savings and checking accounts in the past few days. Here are a few of the new updates.
- Ally Bank Savings Account is offering 0.89% APY as of November 4, 2011
- Ally Bank Money Market is offering 0.89% APY as of November 4, 2011
- OneUnited UNITY Gold E-Savings is offering 1.75% APY as of June 5, 2009
- Presidential Bank Premiere Savings is offering 1.75% APY on balances up to $35,000 and 1.25% on balances above $35,000 as of June 5, 2009
- Presidential Bank Checking is offering 1.50% APY on balances up to $25,000 and 1.00% APY on balances above $25,000 as of June 5, 2009
I have compiled a list of historical savings account interest rates going back to January 2008 yo give readers a picture of each bank’s trends. The information can be copied into a spreadsheet for further analysis if you are so inclined.
Updated November 4, 2011 and originally published June 5, 2009. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.