A few banks have lowered interest rates offered for savings and checking accounts in the past few days. Here are a few of the new updates.
- Ally Bank Savings Account is offering 0.89% APY as of November 4, 2011
- Ally Bank Money Market is offering 0.89% APY as of November 4, 2011
- OneUnited UNITY Gold E-Savings is offering 1.75% APY as of June 5, 2009
- Presidential Bank Premiere Savings is offering 1.75% APY on balances up to $35,000 and 1.25% on balances above $35,000 as of June 5, 2009
- Presidential Bank Checking is offering 1.50% APY on balances up to $25,000 and 1.00% APY on balances above $25,000 as of June 5, 2009
I have compiled a list of historical savings account interest rates going back to January 2008 yo give readers a picture of each bank’s trends. The information can be copied into a spreadsheet for further analysis if you are so inclined.