Jennifer Mulrean over on MSN Money put together a nice article regarding results for a holiday shopping related survey. Here are some interesting tidbits:
* Most respondents are giving gifts to between six and ten people.
* 300 respondents (out of more than 2,000) are giving no gifts.
* A plurality (21%) of respondents are spending between $251 and $500 on gifts and 2.6% are spending more than $5,000.
* 12% said they went into debt for last year’s holiday shopping. The more debt they had, the longer it took to pay it off. Some are still paying it off.
* The most popular category of holiday gifts is clothing.
There are more within the article.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published December 22, 2004. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.