Here are some news stories I read today.
* Jon Markman’s 17 stocks that always go up
* Personal bankruptcies hit record high [focus]
* Mortgage applications up 9.9%
* Even rich folks have bag-lady syndrome [focus]
* Keeping new year’s resolutions
* Thousands of customers had problems with TIAA-Cref [focus]
* Too much, too fast for the stock market [focus]
* Four rules for asset allocation [focus]
Updated July 16, 2010 and originally published January 11, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.