As of Wednesday night, here are the top 10 blogs on pfblogs.org, when sorted by the highest number of clickthroughs since the aggregator’s humble beginnings in February 2006. I wouldn’t call this a “fair” list, as it does favor blogs that have been listed longer and that post more often. Later, I’ll present the top 10 blogs sorted by clicks per post.
10. Consumerism Commentary with 2,948 clicks! <elvis>Thankyouverymuch.</elvis>
9. It’s Just Money with 3,129 clicks.
8. MyMoneyForest with 3,225 clicks.
7. AllFinancialMatters with 3,807 clicks.
6. Detached Trader with 4,496 clicks.
5. The Housing Bubble with 4,833 clicks.
4. Boston Gal’s Open Wallet with 4,854 clicks.
3. Free Money Finance with 5,815 clicks.
2. Consumerist with 7,443 clicks.
1. Seeking Alpha with 13,271 clicks!
Seeking Alpha is an aggregator of a number of blogs, and I would imagine their large click count is driven by a massive number of posts. Next we’ll look at the top ten blogs by clicks per post, which may be a better indicator. While it may only indicate who writes the catchiest titles, it’s still fun to work out the statistics.
Updated June 20, 2014 and originally published December 6, 2006. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.