Following E*trade’s announcement that they were slightly increasing the interest rate on their Complete Savings Account to 3.15%, I’ve updated the list of savings and checking account interest yields. There have been a number of changes since the last update, including the following.
- UFB Direct dropped from 3.35% to 3.01%.
- Kirkpatrick Bank’s Savings Square dropped from 3.25% to 3.05%.
- E-Loan increased from 2.75% to 3.01%, plus they are offering a short promotion for new money at 3.75%.
- Presidential Bank decreased from 2.75% to 2.6%.
- VirtualBank decreased its entire hierarchy of rates with the lowest level down to 1.77%.
Due to popular demand, I’ve added iGoBanking to the list. This bank’s savings account is offering 3.28% APY currently, placing them towards the top of the list, below only OneUnited and Washington Mutual.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published May 8, 2008. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.