Today was the first time my mother has visited me in New Jersey after moving out to California 10 years ago. The apartment in which I now live, my eighth apartment in ten years, was the first to be visited by my west coast family. I’m more than happy to travel to California twice a year to visit them, but it was nice to spend time with them and visit some of my mother’s “favorite” New Jersey spots like the grounds of the Institute for Advanced Study and Mastoris Diner.
The visit was a surprise. They called on Friday to let me know that they were in the state and we made plans to spend Sunday together.
While I was spending the day with family, you could have been reading these fine articles from The Money Blog Network.
- One Unplanned Consequence of Our Kitchen Renovation. JLP is using much more energy!
- More Gas Saving Tips. Prices are still on the rise.
- How the Government Lies About Inflation. Marotta Asset Management estimates inflation to be over 7%.
- Money Tips From Consumer Reports. Get Rich Slowly presents a summary of two articles featured in the magazine.
- Inflation and Rising Prices Aren’t the Same Thing. Mighty Bargain Hunter points out the differences.
- 5 Free (and Inexpensive) Ways to Reduce Your Debt. No Credit Needed covers the basics.
- Your Interest Rates Are About to Go Up. Even those with excellent credit history are in danger.
Updated December 29, 2010 and originally published July 6, 2008. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.