I can’t say I’m happy that our President decreed my birthday this year to be 23 hours long rather than the standard 24. Nevertheless, my official age increased today from 30 to 31. Last night, my father treated me and my girlfriend to dinner and a show in New York City, and today I was able to see a few of my friends. It gets more difficult for all of us to find time to get together.
Here’s what captured my attention from the MoneyBlogNetwork and beyond this past week.
* Mighty Bargain Hunter would be interested in Maynard Ferguson’s Cadillac DeVille.
* Free Money Finance offers some ideas for getting rich in America with the help of Ben Stein.
* Five Cent Nickel offers 6 reasons to check your credit report.
* Blueprint for Financial Prosperity’s friend met with a financial planner.
* AllFinancialMatters helps you protect yourself from identity theft.
* No Credit Needed recently appeared on the Opera and Friends XM channel. A film crew from Atlanta also came to his house to interview NCN about his websites. I love NCN’s articles. For example, he’s saving $48,000 this year and documenting the progress. Recently, he contributed to his Roth IRA.
* Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge hosted the latest Carnival of Personal Finance. Her picks of the week weren’t all included in the submissions, so she created an alternative Carnival.
* J.D. from Get Rich Slowly has let the cat out of the bag about all you ever need to know about blogging on Meta.
Updated February 6, 2012 and originally published March 11, 2007. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.