I accompanied A. to a Scholastic Book Fair at one of their warehouses yesterday to find books for her fourth-grade class. Scholastic relies on volunteers to make these warehouse sales successful, and it looked like they were having a hard time this weekend. Once she found everything she needed, we stood on line for two and a half hours.
She is also planning to attend two more Scholastic warehouse sales next weekend. While I prepare this week for more long lines, here are some recent articles from the MoneyBlogNetwork and beyond.
* How to Buy a Car for Cash
* The Pros and Cons of Sharebuilder
* Deducting Capital Losses of Stock
* Worried About Paying for College? Then Don’t!
* Thoughts on the Subprime Mortgage Bailout
* How Much Mortgage Can You Realistically Afford?
* Charity Spotlight 2007: Good Gifts
* Madison’s 2008 Financial Resolution
* Where to Find Inexpensive Flu Shots
* 6 Outrageous Fees (and How to Avoid Them)
* Matt’s 2008 Financial Resolution
* Morningstar’s Year-End Personal Finance Checklist from a new blog, The Honest Dollar
Updated March 13, 2011 and originally published December 9, 2007. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.