Over the past few days, I’ve been bringing boxes from my old apartment to my new, and last night, during both trips, I got caught in a downpour. I should be almost completely moved by Munday, after the movers I’ve hired take care of the larger furniture. Here are some interesting articles from other bloggers to read while I’m packing and moving this weekend.
My Thoughts on “Maxed Out.” JLP from AllFinancialMatters viewed the film and has a few things to say about its approach.
Are Investment Newsletters Worth It? Jim from Blueprint for Financial Prosperity and George from Fat Pitch Financials discuss newsletters containing stock tips you see advertised, like the Motley Fool‘s “Hidden Gems.”
Extended Travel Abroad for the Young. While Nickel is on vacation, FiveCentNickel is carrying guest posts, this one by Plonkee of Plonkee Money. Here she writes about her experience as a citizen of the UK traveling abroad.
What to Do When You Inherit Money. Free Money Finance has a quick answer. Bottom line: don’t rush it.
Fixed Rate Mortgage Payments, Inflation and Investing. Mighty Bargain Hunter writes about alternatives to paying down a mortgage. Recently, there was a good discussion here on Consumerism Commentary on the choice between investing or paying off a mortgage.
* No Credit Needed: Managing My Finances Using Firefox, ING Direct, Online Bill Pay, and You Need a Budget
* The Simple Dollar: You Don’t Need Six Figures: The Financial Realities of Living in Iowa
* Get Rich Slowly: The Debt to Pleasure: What is the Cost of Fun?
* The Dough Roller: Holy Cow, Batman! That 0% Credit Card Cost Me 6%!
* Moment on Money: Monte Carlo Simulation is Not a Game
* The Digerati Life: Cheap Ways to Learn and Feed Your Brain
Feel free to send me suggestions for weekly roundups to my tips email box. Have a great weekend!
Updated June 23, 2014 and originally published June 22, 2007.