It seems like the holiday shopping this year never ends. Today, I picked up a few gifts for the three-day “Secret Santa” exchange event organized with my coworkers, as well as some more gifts for my lunchtime crew. Of course, I couldn’t end the day without a few more surprises for my girlfriend. If anything, I couldn’t say I was alone in the stores. This probably qualifies as last minute shopping. I also managed to get a much-needed haircut.
Tomorrow, I’ll be spending several hours preparing an overview for a Microsoft Excel class I’m teaching for coworkers on Monday. It’s just basics — a few people in my department have rarely used Excel before, so I’m going to provide an overview, an introductions to some of th more useful and common features, and provide them with some hints and shortcuts.
Now for the roundup. Here are some recent articles from the MoneyBlogNetwork and beyond.
* $10 A Day Equals 3/4 Of A Million Dollars
* Copper Cents Will Probably Get Very Scarce, Very Soon
* Amazon Price Drop Policy
* Money and Security: Fear of the Future
* The Best 529 Plans, Revisited
* We Made an Offer on the House, They Laughed at Us
* Commissions: My Father-in-Law’s Thoughts
* Susie Bright on Suze Orman: The Lesbian Approach to Getting Rich
* Could Low Wii Supply Drive Up Demand For Its Competitors?
* Ten Tips for Holiday Shopping Online
* Five Things People Say About Christmas That Drive Me Nuts
If plans go as expected, I will be posting almost-daily early morning roundups in the future, rather than a weekly post like this. This should allow me to highlight more articles and perhaps add some commentary.
Updated December 29, 2010 and originally published December 15, 2007. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.