EDITORS NOTE: THIS OFFER IS EXPIRED
WTDirect, the online banking arm of Wilmington Trust, is looking to attract customers with a good interest rate (currently 3.06% APY for accounts with a balance of $10,000 or more) and a bonus for new account holders. If you open a new account at WTDirect and maintain an average balance of at least $10,000, you can earn a bonus between $50 and $250.
Here is what you have to do:
Open an account at WTDirect and link your existing bank account while applying. Before December 22, fund the account with an online transfer from your linked bank account. Maintain an average balance of at least $10,000 between January 1 and February 28, 2009. If you’ve done this much, you will receive your bonus in March, and it will be available for withdrawal immediately.
Here is how to determine the amount of your bonus, based on your average balance throughout January and February.
- If your average balance is at least $10,000, you will receive a $50 bonus.
- If your average balance is at least $20,000, you will receive a $100 bonus.
- If your average balance is at least $30,000, you will receive a $150 bonus.
- If your average balance is at least $40,000, you will receive a $200 bonus.
- If your average balance is at least $50,000, you will receive a $250 bonus.
WTDirect does not charge any fees nor does it have a minimum balance requirement (other than for the bonus and the interest rate).
When you apply for the bank account, use the promotion code WTG3DNC.
Updated August 17, 2013 and originally published December 1, 2008. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @flexo on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.