Thanks to all the Consumerism Commentary readers who commented or emailed me about the auditions for staff writer. I’d like to welcome Kelly Whalen, a writer whose primary website is The Centsible Life, to the Consumerism Commentary team! Kelly will be providing one article a week starting this Thursday. Tom Dziubek and I will speak with Kelly on a future Consumerism Commentary Podcast so subscribe now to learn more about our new contributor.
This week, Consumerism Commentary will be giving away a copy of Excuse Me, Your Job is Waiting: Attract the Work You Want by Laura George. I reviewed the book here. The book is a few years old but it is a great resource for today’s economic conditions. In order to be entered in the giveaway, you must be a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook.
Simply being a fan gives you one chance to win, but if you write on Consumerism Commentary’s wall to leave a tip for us, you will quadruple your chance to win. You must be a fan and leave your message by Friday, December 11 to qualify.
Best of Consumerism Commentary, November 2009
- Triage Your Finances
- 6 Items That Exemplify Conspicuous Spending
- Avoiding Black Friday Online and Offline
- Put Your Finance on Cruise Control, But Stay Alert
- How to Do Your Holiday Shopping Through Rebate Sites
- How to Spend Smarter This Holiday Season
- Lifestyle Creep and the Self-Employed
- Reader Question: Can You Write “See ID” Rather Than Signing Your Credit Card?
- “What Works For You” Can Be a Trap
- The True Cost of a Motorola Droid
- President Obama and Congress Extend the $8,000 Home Buyers’ Credit
- Should Target Date Funds Be Standardized?
The Consumerism Commentary Podcast featured a number of great guests in November. This past month we discussed gift cards with Jim Sharvin, CPA, social and peer-to-peer lending with the CEO of LendingClub, finding a job with headhunter Nick Corcodilos, frugality with author Sharon Harvey Rosenberg, and investing for retirement with author Dan Solin.
Join the community
- Add Consumerism Commentary to Google’s home page or Google Reader
- Free daily digest of new Consumerism Commentary articles via email
- Free somewhat-weekly newsletter with exclusive content and giveaways
- Follow Consumerism Commentary on Twitter by following @luke_landes and @ConsumerismComm
- Become a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook
Updated December 26, 2017 and originally published December 7, 2009.