Several weeks ago, I mentioned I would be seeking a staff writer to add to the Consumerism Commentary team, to add one additional article each week. After a good number of applications, I narrowed the field to six finalists. Over the next two weeks, each of these finalists will be presenting two guest articles for Consumerism Commentary readers.
At the end of the process, I will welcome feedback from readers about the writers. The decision will not be based on your votes, but I will take any feedback to heart. The goal is to find a writer to add a fresh voice to Consumerism Commentary in addition, and as a complement, to the articles by myself and by Smithee.
Winners of Quicken Deluxe 2010
Last month, I reviewed Quicken Home & Business 2010 and offered a copy of Quicken Deluxe 2010 to two lucky readers. The two commenters chosen randomly to win, Javier and Jeremiah, were contacted earlier. I should have more giveaways to offer fairly soon.
Best of Consumerism Commentary, October 2009
- Seven Zen Principles to Guide Your Money and Your Life
- Net Neutrality Simplified
- Investor Psychology: Why We Fail to make Good Financial Decisions
- New Graduates Facing Unemployment May Never Reach Income Potential
- How to Create Your Own Extended Warranty
- Always Try Bargaining: Here’s How it Worked for Me
- Overkill at the United States Mint With New Coin Designs
- How to Prepare for the Demise of the Dollar
- The Pareto Principle: When to Apply, When to Ignore
- Is it Possible to Save Too Much Money?
We also had a number of great guests on the Consumerism Commentary Podcast. In October, we discussed unconventional paths to becoming a millionaire with the Millionaire Mommy Next Door, financial advisers with Neal Frankle, doing-it-yourself, beekeeping, and the Credit.com Credit Report Card with Mark Frauenfelder, and frugal travel and the war against debt with Adam Baker.
Join the community
- Add Consumerism Commentary to Google’s home page or Google Reader
- Free daily digest of new Consumerism Commentary articles via email
- Free somewhat-weekly newsletter with exclusive content and giveaways
- Follow Consumerism Commentary on Twitter by following @luke_landes and @ConsumerismComm
- Become a fan of Consumerism Commentary on Facebook
Updated December 26, 2017 and originally published November 8, 2009.