Whenever you make a purchase with your credit card, the wise move is always to pay off the purchase before the bill is due to avoid interest charges and late fees. If you know that won’t be possible in the short-term, the best thing you could do is keep your interest payments low by choosing the card with the lowest interest rate. The PenFed Promise VISA Card can make sure that you pay as little interest as possible, with one of the best purchase APRs currently available.
The PenFed Promise VISA Card Issuer Details: .99% APR promo balance transfer rate for 12 mos. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be 7.99% to 16.99%. APR will vary w/the market based on Prime Rate. Subject to credit approval. $100 bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within 3 months of account opening.
• Rate and offers are subject to change.
• Absolutely No Fees
• No Annual Fee
• No Late Fee
• No Cash Advance Fee
• Federally insured by NCUA
• Rates as low as 7.99% APR
The PenFed Promise VISA Card does not carry an annual fee, so the card is always free to own. You need excellent credit as well as meeting other credit standards set by PenFed and you are required to be a member of the Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) in order to be considered for approval for this card. To be considered for membership into the credit union here are some examples of eligibility criteria:
- Member of the United States Military or Uniformed Services
- Member of an eligible military association
- Employed by the US Government
- Employed by an eligible place of business
- Family member of someone in the United States Military
- Employee or volunteer of the American Red Cross
- Reside on a military base
- Make a one-time donation to the National Military Family Association
- Make a one-time donation to Voices for America’s Troops
This year, one of your many New Year’s resolutions should be to pay absolutely no credit card interest. For those unable to obtain this goal, consider the PenFed Promise VISA Card for big purchases.
Updated April 1, 2016 and originally published December 30, 2010.
Comment Policy: We love comments! However, the comments below are not provided or commissioned by this site or its advertisers. Comments have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by this site or its advertisers. It is not this site or its advertisers' responsibility to ensure all comments and/or questions are answered.