SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card From American Express Review
Business owners know that when the work of building a new enterprise is just beginning, it’s not easy. If your great idea takes significant financing and you need help gathering funds, few people are willing to come forward and help you finance your dream. Many great ideas don’t cost a lot of money to get started, but some do. When a small business needs capital, it usually turns to a bank, but banks have become increasingly tight on lending since the economic downturn and credit crunch. When investments and loans are not flowing, much small business applies for a small business credit cards. Even though the interest rates are typically higher than those of loans, small business credit cards offer solid rewards that can defray some of the costs. The SimplyCash® Plus Business Card from American Express OPEN is a perfect example.
The SimplyCash® Plus Business Card from American Express OPEN offers business owners a 0% introductory APR on purchases for six, nine or twelve months, depending on the applicant’s credit history. This card requires excellent credit before applicants will be approved, and the length of the introductory offer depends on where the potential cardholder falls in the spectrum of excellent credit. After the introductory period has expired, the APR for purchases becomes 12.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%. This card does not accept balance transfers.
The attraction of the SimplyCash® Plus Business Card from American Express OPEN is its strong rewards program. All cardholders, regardless of credit history, gain the following rewards:
- 5% cash back on wireless services and office supply purchases up to $12,000 per year in each category and then 1% cash back.
- 3% cash back on automobile gasoline up to $12,000 per year and then 1% cash back.
- 1% cash back on other purchases.
The reward cash is automatically credited to your account once a year. You don’t earn points that need to be redeemed before receiving a benefit, so the cashback process is simple.
The SimplyCash® Plus Business Card from American Express OPEN also includes a variety of other benefits, unique to this card. Some of those benefits include:
- Online account management tools that offer online statements which allow you to easily find receipts, prepare reports to invoice customers, and budget; Year-End Summary; account alerts let you know when payments are due or when accounts reach selected levels; and authorized access which allows you to authorize employees or third parties to manage your account online
- Enroll in OPEN Savings® and earn automatic savings and built-in discounts with OPEN Savings® partners such as FedEx, Hertz® and more.
- No annual fee.
Any small business owner in need of a line of credit for business expenses should consider the SimplyCash® Plus Business Card from American Express OPEN. Its introductory period, cash back rewards program, and perks, including the amazing benefit of no annual fee, is too good to pass up.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.