American Express is best known for their charge cards. In June, Tom Dziubek spoke with an American Express representative about a new addition to their charge card family, anew card geared towards young professionals. ZYNC℠ from American Express is a new charge card specifically designed for students and young adults with above average credit that can carry the responsibility of paying their bills in full every month. Hear more about the card on episode 60 of the Consumerism Commentary Podcast.
There are ten different versions of the ZYNC℠ from American Express Card, making the program unique but complex. Whether you eat out at restaurants often, travel frequently or are concerned with the environment, the ZYNC℠ from American Express Card has options for you. For a limited time, they’re offering 10,000 bonus membership points after your first purchase to get you started.
Here is a quick summary of the different “packs” offered by the ZYNC℠ from American Express Card and their respective annual fees:
- GO Pack ($20): double points on airfare and discounts on car rentals
- ECO Pack ($0): double points on selected green merchants
- RESTAURANT Pack ($25): double points at selected restaurants
- MUSIC Pack ($5): double points on concert ticket purchases and access to pre-sales
- STYLE Pack ($25): double points at select retailers
- PERSONAL FINANCE Pack ($0): online financial advice
- CONNECT Pack ($20): double points on all utilities purchases
- GIVE BACK Pack ($0): 1,000 bonus points for each hour of volunteer service reported
- FOOD AND WINE Pack ($20): one year subscription to FOOD & WINE® Magazine and more benefits
- FAMILY TRAVEL Pack ($0): access to travel specialists and deals
The fee listed for each pack is in addition to the $25 annual fee. When you sign up for a pack, it is in effect for a full year, and you can change your selection only once a year. In terms of American Express charge cards, the ZYNC℠ from American Express is the cheapest to own and probably the most fun as well (although that’s hardly a reason to sign up for a card).
To sign-up for the ZYNC℠ from American Express Card and take advantage of the 10,000 bonus point offer, visit their official website at www.AmericanExpress.com.
Updated March 31, 2011 and originally published August 27, 2010. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the RSS feed or receive daily emails. Follow @ConsumerismComm on Twitter and visit our Facebook page for more updates.