Dosh App Review: Automatic Cash Back App
There are plenty of opportunities for credit card holders to earn cash back on their everyday spending. Sometimes you might even get emails from your credit card issuer telling you about offers. The benefits are obvious — why not earn as many rewards as possible? The trouble is, it can be difficult to keep track of which card offers which reward.
The good news is there are third-party platforms making it easier to receive cash back. In fact, you may be able to link all your credit and debit cards and receive the same amazing deals, no matter which card you use.
Enter the Dosh automatic cash back app. Founded in 2016, it has become popular in part because of its ease of use and huge savings potential from multiple merchants. If you’re not sure whether it’s for you, our Dosh app review will cover all you need to know.
What is Dosh Cash App?
Dosh is an app where you can earn cash back from qualifying purchases after linking your credit or debit card. While you can earn as high as 10% back from thousands of merchants, others offer around 2% to 5%. The app partners with major retailers such Dunkin’ Donuts, Sam’s Club and large hotel chains.
How Does the Dosh App Work?
To maximize the amount you can earn, pick a rewards credit card that you use often. Download the app and link your cards. You can earn rewards right away by paying with your card and shopping at retailers who partner with the Dosh app. In other words, when you make a qualifying purchase, you’ll automatically earn the advertised cash back rewards in your account.
Once your balance reaches $25 or more, you can cash out via Paypal or direct deposit. Users can even opt to donate their cash back rewards.
How to Earn Money with Dosh
Here are a few ways you can earn money by using Dosh:
Using your linked card, any online purchases you make through a participating merchant entitles you to a certain amount of cash back. You’ll be able to see the amount you’ve earned through your Dosh wallet.
There’s no need to clip coupons or scan receipts. All you need to do is use the linked card at a participating retailer in person and watch the rewards pile up in your Dosh Wallet.
Linking Your Card
After linking your first card on the Dosh app, you’ll receive $5 instantly. You can also link additional cards to unlock more cash.
Booking hotels through participating hotel partners with Dosh helps you earn up to 40% cash back.
You can refer friends and family and earn $5 for each person that signs up and links their card. If you refer a business to Dosh, you can earn 20% of the fees Dosh charges to the business for two years.
How to Sign Up for an Account with Dosh
Signing up for Dosh is easy. All you need to do is download their app and create an account. After entering your phone number for verification purposes, you’ll need to enter other information such as your name, email, and a password. If someone referred you, you can enter their referral code here.
Once complete, link your card. That’s it!
The app also has rewards you can earn based on your location and interests.
Dosh Pros and Cons
- Earn cash back automatically – There aren’t any extra hoops like scanning receipts (like some other apps) because Dosh connects directly to your credit or debit card. Cash back rewards happen automatically, saving you time and effort.
- Potential to earn extra rewards – If you link your rewards credit card or other form of cash back rewards program (think ones you use via internet browsers), you can use Dosh to earn even more cash back.
- Various options to redeem rewards – You can choose to redeem your rewards via direct deposit, Paypal, or by donating rewards to a charity of your choice.
- Can’t link with other apps – You can’t link a card that’s already connected to Dosh with competing apps. You can, however, link it with any rewards your credit card company offers.
- Low rewards for referrals – Compared to other apps, earning $5 per referral is low compared to other cash back rewards sites.
- You can only earn cash back – Sure, it’s great you can earn rewards automatically, but other cash back apps and websites offer other ways to earn money such as watching videos and filling out surveys.
Is Dosh Safe?
The short answer is yes. Dosh is secured using 256-bit encryption to ensure your data is safe. As far as banking data goes, the app uses Braintree, which protects your credit card information to prevent data breaches. Plus, there are multi-factor or two-factor authentication methods to prevent unauthorized logins to your Dosh account.
Since Dosh doesn’t sell your information to third parties, you don’t have to worry about your information floating around on the web.
Is Dosh Right for You?
Dosh is free to use and you can earn cash back at participating retailers automatically. Since you’re already planning on shopping, why not earn some cash back for it? You may not earn a lot of money back, but every penny counts. If you’re a frequent shopper, you may be able to reach the $25 threshold in no time.
Apps Like Dosh
Check out these apps so you can try earning even more extra cash:
- Drop – This is an app that offers cash back rewards on purchases once you link your credit or debit card.
- MyPoints – You can earn cash back through various activities such as filling out simple surveys and playing online games.
- Swagbucks – Similar to MyPoints, Swagbucks allows you to earn rewards such as answering surveys, referring friends, playing online games and watching videos.
- Rakuten – Previously called Ebates, this service allows you to earn cash back when you log into your Rakuten account and shop via their online retailer links.
If you want to make it easier to cash in on all your cash-back rewards, consider signing up for the Dosh app.